Homemade pastries don’t have to be complicated. Try these six-ingredient Quesitos.
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
8 oz Hahn’s Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbs light corn syrup
Turbinado sugarfor sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together in a large bowl cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Unfold puff pastry and cut into four squares.
- Place 2 Tbs of cream cheese mixture into the center of each pastry square.
- Whisk together the egg and corn syrup.
- Fold 1 corner of the pastry toward the middle over the top of the filling and repeat with the opposite corner and affix the pastry together by brushing the egg wash on the pastry like glue.
- Repeat with remaining pastries and place them all on the baking sheet, brushing additional egg wash over the top of all of the pastries so that they brown up nicely.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
Keywords: quesitos, pastry