4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs olive oil
1 cup chopped sweet onion
1 Tbs grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
minced fresh parsley to garnish
assorted crackers or toasts for serving
- Combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a medium bowl and beat together by hand or with a hand mixer until fully incorporated.
- Add 1 Tbs olive oil to a saute pan over medium high heat and add in the 1 cup of chopped sweet onion and cook stirring frequently until the onions are softened and caramelized (8 – 12 minutes).
- Add the caramelized onions, 1 Tbs grated parmesan, 1/4 tsp garlic salt, and 1 cup shredded swiss cheese to the bowl of cream cheese mixture and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Pour the ingredients into a 1 qt baking dish and bake at 325F for 40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley and serve with crackers or toasts.